Oral Sedation (Sleep Dentistry)
With Oral Sedation (also known as Sleep Dentistry), you actually won’t be asleep, which typically allows the patient to feel slightly in control & gives them the ability to answer the doctor’s questions. You also may not remember much, which is why this procedure has been called “Sleep” Dentistry. Oral sedation is a very safe method when monitored by a certified dental professional. Your gag reflex will be minimized, making your procedure an easy one!
Oral Sedation, or Sleep Dentistry, is best for our patients who feel any of the following concerns:
- I’m afraid of needles & shots.
- I’ve had bad experiences before.
- I have not been to the dentist in a long time.
- I always gag when having dental work done.
- I just can’t seem to get numb.
- All my teeth are too far gone.